Organic Seed Production is a self-directed course designed for producers with some seed production experience, seed industry professionals, and extension professionals. This course will provide practical field-based knowledge and present current research on organic seed production practices.
This course covers the fundamentals of seed production for onions, beets and chard, brassicas, carrots, and wet seeded crops. It will also cover climatic requirements for seed crops, important diseases, and seed quality.
Watch a recording of the "Using the eOrganic Organic Seed Production Tutorial" webinar below:
For more information contact Jared Zystro, Organic Seed Alliance, at email@example.com
Course Subject Matter Specialists
- Jodi Lew-Smith, High Mowing Seeds: Seed Diseases
- John Navazio, Organic Seed Alliance: Which Crops for Your Climate, Beets and Chard, Carrots
- Joel Reiten, Seeds of Change: Onions, Brassicas, Seed Quality
- Don Tipping, Siskiyou Seeds: Lettuce, Wet Seeded Crops
- Shelly Solomon, Leaping Frog Films: Videographer
- Jared Zystro, Organic Seed Alliance: Online Tutorial Developer
NOTE: This course is free but it now requires that you are enrolled on the eXtension Campus platform in order to access the content. Anyone can create an account to enroll.